We are just a week into the new year and already I feel behind. The turning of the calendar page filled me with motivation and inspiration, but once I got back into the work routine that diminished a bit. The good news is that I recognized it and am ready to get back on track.
When 2017 began I decided to write down a few things that I wanted to accomplish by the end of year – not matter how small or silly they seemed. I hand wrote this list and have the intention of making this a dynamic list. So if in April I decide I want to do “x” by the end of the year I can add it to list and hopefully feel the same new year motivation. Not focusing on oh it’s almost mid year I can’t have a new goal.
So here are a few that are on the list
* read books (includes listening to audio books)
* Try Trikke STL http://www.trikkestl.com/
* blog once a week
* get at least 10,000 steps a day
* drink at least 60 oz of water a day
* run a 2:20 half
* learn to poof my hair – it’s so cute but I can ever get to look presentable
I also created a stretch list. This list is made up of things I would like to do but will be tough or I might not have time to fully execute.
* Have some fun “35” parties, just some gatherings but the goal is to do good in 35 increments. Like everyone brings canned goods for a food pantry and we try to get 35 pounds collected or everyone brings small change so that we can donate 35.00 to a charity. Things like that
* Learn to brown butter like a pro. So many recipes call for it and I would like to feel comfortable doing it.
* Declutter the house- I really want to try to do the one in one out method. Get a new sweater get rid of one.
As you can see I have a big year ahead of me, but in looking at these things I want to do in the next year I am also lightening the load. I am pushing back and not over scheduling myself or taking on tasks that are someone else’s responsibility. So I am saying yes to saying no. You will still see me, I will still be crazy busy but this year I am controlling my busy. So don’t take offense if I decline an event or I offer you tips on how you can take on a certain tasks.
I am excited for 2017 and hope you are too! Just keeping looking ahead and not back because there is so much to see and do out there (on your ow schedule of course)