Yes, it’s true I have been spending some time in the kitchen cooking! I know you are amazed I haven’t burned the house down yet. Pinterest has so many fun recipes! It makes me want to me in the kitchen. Crazy I know, because just a few short years ago boiling water was an issue for me.
Since I am constantly running from one place to another I look for recipes that include the words quick and easy. This allows me to whip up amazing snacks for any event. So what have I made?
1. Weight Watchers muffins – these were OK. I probably won’t make them again. They were pretty dense but probably a healthier option to “real” chocolate chip muffins. Below is the recipe. I deleted this pin off my board since I wasn’t impressed.
Chocolate Chip Muffins
1 boxed chocolate cake mix (I used sugar free)
1 small can of pumpkin puree 15 ounce
6 ounces of chocolate chips
**MAKES 48 mini cupcakes**
I made large ones.
Instructions: Preheat oven to 350 degrees.Mix together cake mix and canned pumpkin. It is best to use a mixer for about 2 minutes on medium speed to get fluffier cupcakes.Add in almost all of the 6 ounces of chocolate chips. Put in a muffin tin with liners. Batter is dense and does not rise much so these can be filled to the top.Add a few tiny chips to the tops.Bake for 22-25 min until a toothpick inserted comes out clean!
2. S’mores cookies – see recipe here. These were delish and a huge hit! I have made them a few times and would recommend this recipe. Although they do take a bit of time and you need to really watch the marshmallows once you add them to the top of the cookies. If you bake to long you get runny marshmallows which just look weird.
3. Slow cooked Hoisin Pork – see recipe here. I am love with slow cooker recipes! This was easy, just grab the ingredients and dump in crock pot. We wrapped the pork in warmed tortillas but skipped the slaw. I am not a slaw fan! I think we made some corn or other veggie as a side.Very delicious and easy!4. Bite size apple pie bites – see recipe here. Jake is not a dessert fan but he does love apple pie. And since he only eats about one piece of pie and then is done I found these little guys. They are individual mini apple pies, basically you get refrigerated pie crust sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar, put an apple slice in, wrap it up and the sprinkle with more sugar. Bake for about 15 minutes and Viola apple pie bites.5. Amazing White Trash Puff Balls – see recipe here. These don’t sound as nuts as their name. I wanted to make an appetizer using crescent rolls so I searched Pinterest for ideas and found these. 3 ingredients and bam instant appetizer. I was a little skeptical these would be any good, mine didn’t turn out like the picture on Pinterest but they ended up being a HUGE hit! I had several college girls asking for the recipe. I will make these again – especially since I don’t eat pepperoni that I way I am not hanging out by the appetizer table. 6. Baked Southern Eggrolls – see recipe here. I made these for my first Pinterest party. They were pretty good and had a little spiciness to them. I think the next time I make them I will make them bite sized and not full egg roll size. 7. Garlic Parmesan pull-apart Bread see recipe here. I made this as a side when I tried to make the crock pot potato soup which turned out to be not so good. But the bread was pretty tasty and even kind of looked liked the picture. This would make a great side dish for soups or even chili.
8. Pumpkin Pie Granola – see recipe here. I LOVE pumpkin! I have a whole board dedicated to pumpkin on Pinterest. I usually eat yogurt in the mornings and I like to add cereal or granola to add a little excitement to the yogurt. This was pretty easy and it did have a great pumpkin taste. I added to yogurt and just ate it as snack on it’s on. If you are a granola fan I recommend this recipe.
9. Crock Pot Pumpkin Lattes – these were not good so I am not passing along the recipe. I got super excited when I saw this pin. Pumpkin lattes whenever I wanted! In a crock pot! Score! Well not so much. The “latte” came out pretty thick since you put pumpkin out of can in the recipe. There was a hint of pumpkin but in no way did it take the place of my Panera or Starbucks pumpkin latte. I can call this one a fail and have deleted the pin. Plus this was time consuming I would much rather pay 4.00 dollars then go through this process again. Below is a picture when the lattes were finished, it looked and smelled tasty at least.
10. Kale pizza. Again no recipe for this one cause it was just ok. It’s basically cheese pizza with some crispy kale on top. Kale is getting to be one of the “it” health foods so I thought I would try a recipe. It was good for a weeknight meal but didn’t wow me.
11. Cake batter rice krispy treats. Sorry no recipe for this one either. They tasted just like regular rice krispy treats with a hint of cake batter. I disagree with the pinner that said it would change the way I made rice krispy treats. Nope I think I will stick to the originals. I did leave off the sprinkles that the recipe included maybe that changes the taste from ordinary to fantastic?
12. Resurrection rolls. Another recipe that was so so – see recipe here. I pinned because of the picture on the pin, but when I opened the pin I found the recipe was more a lesson to kids about Jesus. Jesus is the marshmallow and when you wrap him in the tomb or crescent roll and bake he disappear sor rises. I would have been better off just brushing the crescent rolls with butter and sprinkling with cinnamon and sugar. As these bake the marshmallow disappears and in my case formed a funky crystal around the edges. This is a good idea for a lesson with kids but not as a go to recipe
See not super appealing – and not like the pinned picture
13. Since I had so many left over marshmallows from my previous recipe I decided to make Halloween hot chocolate stirrers. I got the idea from something I pinned for Christmas hot chocolate stirrers. I just changed the colors and there you go Halloween themed! They were pretty easy I melted some Wilton candy melts (vanilla flavor but black in color) dipped the marshmallow in then dipped in the sprinkles. I cut drinking straws in half and inserted into the marshmallow. At the party I went to some people ate them just as the marshmallow. I am not a marshmallow fan unless they are in rice krisipies but if I had some hot cocoa I would have tried one. These can be changed for any holiday and make a nice presentation for parties or maybe in a hot chocolate gift bag.
This post got kind of long! Sorry I am hoping to keep up better with blogging. Hopefully you found this helpful. Happy pinning!!