Have you noticed a theme? In an effort to blog more I am trying to do a weekly post about items that stuck out in my week. Last week was pretty boring so I have limited items this week. I hope to always have at least 5 items and to find objects that are interesting to ready about.
- This book – Adam by Ariel Schrag. I could not put this down. It’s the story of boy who is mistaken as transgender but doesn’t say anything because he is trying to impress a good. I think I liked this because some of the questions and unknowns he has as he into this world are some that I was curious about. It’s funny, serious, sad and down to earth. I felt like I was right there with Adam he navigates the world of transgender, gay, lesbian circles as well as just growing up and falling in love. It’s a must a read.
- This button. My grade school is on the verge of closure. It hurts. It feels like a piece of me is dying. I know dramatic right? But St. James wasn’t just a school to me, it was a community. My parents were actively involved with school and church and as a result have a large friend and support base. I still go to church there and attend school and church functions. The true impact of this community can be seen by the take charge attitude parents and parishioners have taken to keep the school open. Buttons were created, letters written, fundraisers created. Shutting this down and dispersing all this goodwill be a travesty. I support St. James!
- Recently we became Fox season ticket holders – as a way to get Hamilton tickets but also because I am a fan of musical theater. Not only do I get exposed to new shows but I get to on fun date nights with friends and my husband. If you haven’t seen Fun Home get tickets today. The show was awesome!
Happy Thanksgiving! See you next week friends!
Another week has come and gone. Here are a few things that stood out.
- Cranberries – We bought a bag of frozen cranberries for a recipe but have quite a few left over. I have been slipping a few into my smoothies but was excited to find another use for them while flipping through a magazine. Cranberries, apple cider vinager, cocoa and greek yogurt. Mash together and apply to your face for 15 min- and be ready to feel completely ridiculous.
2. Crafted in St. Louis Facebook page: This closed Facebook group allows you to find local crafters who can recreate all your etsy dreams locally! I had these darling cookies made for my cousins shower this weekend.
3. 142: Friday was not only veterans day but it was also the date of the founding of my sorority 142 years ago. I am blessed to a G-Phi-B! I found lasting friendships, become a leader, furthered my career and served my community through this organization. It even help me meet that guy I married😉
4. Turkeys: Because I love Thanksgiving and won’t allow Christmas decorations up in the house until Dec 1. #lettheturkeyhavehisday
5. Family: This weekend my family gathered for a baby shower. I was excited to plan the shower but I was super excited that everyone was coming together to celebrate another addition to our family. When you have a large extended family it’s hard to get everyone together in one location – but when you do watch out cause we are ready to have any amazing time (and we did). My aunts, uncles and cousins mean the world to me and have always been a wonderful support system to me.
Onto another week….what objects will stick out? Stay tuned.
Amid the craziness of my life these five things stood out in me week.
Needle and thread: I am in the process of completing a baby gift for my cousin. The shower is the 12th so these have been a constant in my life this week.
Class Pass: While not an actual object this is my new addiction. I received a promotional offer for half off of 3 months. This came at the perfect time because I was finishing up personal training sessions that I won at an auction. I love the variety of classes I can fit into my week and finding new studios and new workouts. I just might be hooked on this for awhile.
Almonds: I am not a huge nut person but recently I have come across almonds in foods that I am eating and not hating them. A huge bonus is that they fill me up and help me avoid the 3pm crash. Even better they make them in pumpkin spice. Almonds have now been added to my foods I like list- one that isn’t very long.
Workout rings: I don’t wear a ton of jewelry but I feel naked without my wedding rings on. When I run or workout I don’t wear them because I am afraid of losing or damaging them. Then I found these silicone rings that are perfect – can I can change them to match my outfit. They are comfortable and, sometimes, keep the weirdos away (for the most part).
35: Come February this will be my age and it’s beginning to hit me hard. I was ok with the big 3-0 but I am dreading this birthday. I know age is just a number and I don’t feel 35 – heck sometimes I really don’t act like I’m in my 30’s. To distract me I am trying to think of fun “35” things to do. Maybe collect 35 pounds of food for a shelter or run 35 miles my birthday weekend. I haven’t landed on anything but I will keep you updated.
Thanks for reading!